Hit Counter

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Fitz 50 game

Had a pretty disastrous night, so the less said about it the better! Was totally card dead for the entire night, and only played 4 proper hands. Sat for the first hour and literally couldn't make a move. Any time I would try and limp it would be raised. I trebled through in the first hand I made a move so I wasn't feeling to bad at the break.

But the terrible run of cards continued on through and forced me into making a terrible call of 3/4 of my stack with top pair. I lost on the kicker and was down to about 5BB and kicking myself. I then got blinded down to about 3BB and was looking for ANYTHING to push on. Then along came the Queens! Called an all-in an wasn't too happy about seeing I was up against A4, knowing my past history... On cue out came an ace on the flop, but a miracle Q on the turn doubled me up to about 2700 with blinds at 400/800.

Got moved table then and we were down to about 16 from about 60 starting. Blinds jumped up again to 500/1000 and I had to make a move, as I was down to just 1200 after the blinds going by me and getting raised holding 23 and 35. Picked up A4 and insta-pushed. Got two callers and with an A 4 10 flop I thought I could actually make a comback from 1BB! with about 4K in the middle the two others checked the flop. An 8 came on the turn and one of them bet a few grand to get rid of the other player.

I flip over my two pair, and he announces hes dead to an 8 flipping over J8..... river 8. Ah well, shit happens! I had a pretty terrible tourney and even without that bad beat I would have been well below average.

ANYWAY, I'm on my way out the door and throw my last fiver on roulette, RED obviously! Up comes red and I'm on a tenner. Fcuk it lets go RED again! Up comes red and I'm up to a score. Right one last time RED again. YESSS! Lovely 40 quid! Anyway I go to cash out and realise theres a 50 Holde-em cash game. Now I've only played the cash game in the fitz (or anywhere other than online for that matter) 3 times before, and although I made a big profit all three times, I still wouldn't consider myself 'experienced' by any means! But what the hey, I only started with a fiver! But I need fifty and I only gots 40...... tenner on RED...thank you!

So I sit down at the cash game, planning on playing super tight. I won't bore you with the details but I only played a few hands in 4 hours, only playing the nuts, and managed to leave with 250 quid in my pocket! I could get used to this! 250 quid from a fiver..........

Comments:
i told you to start playing the cash games! unlucky in the E50 game. We started up a new game in college by the way and i'm cleaning up!
 
Cheers Mark, I had a good night at the cash tables last night but I don't want to become a regular until I get a bit more experience! Any good new players in college?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!