Hit Counter

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The reason I don't play online...

I havent posted a bad beat in months... but this one takes the fcuking biscuit! I havent played 'casually' on PPP for about 4 or 5 months. I lodged money today to play the Drogheda feeder.
I had $25 left over so I said I may aswell play a SnG. I won it and now had over $100 in my account. Nice One.

Maybe I'll play another Sng... Then this happens.

I get a poker of nines... beaten by a poker of tens. Sure that happens every day. The amazing thing was I didn't bat an eyelid. I simply logged off and went in to watch TV. It wasn't until a few minutes later that I realised what had happened. If that were in a live game I would have gone crazy!! But the fact that it was online, it didn't even surprise me.

Just goes to show how differently I view online ''poker'' and the real game. Also, fair play to PPP in their attempt to win back a customer... GENIUS

I still can't see my comeback to online 'poker' anytime in the near future. I just don't have the mentality to handle the difference in play between online and live play. I think my main problem is that I am playing the same style online as I do live. This may work for some people but it definitely isin't working for me! I think I can hold my own against most people in a medium buy-in live game, but land me in a $5 game online, and I'm lucky if I make a penny. Go figure...

EDIT: Just won a ticket worth $99 into this Sunday's Irish Open Satellite. One ticket to the Irish Open ($4500) for every 45 players. I'm down in Waterford for the weekend so I'm going to have to rush back to make the 7pm start. I may be praising PPP soon...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!