Hit Counter

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Damn Eircom...

Made another bit of profit last night, up to about $300 now from the $50 I started with. I cashed in the last 6 STT's I played last night.

Jumped onto it today after work. Managed to keep my cool, but nearly lost the head a few minutes ago. Still only playing 1 STT at a time, and decided to play the $10 Irish Open feeder alongside it. Everything was going fine until I lost connection due to a problem with my broadband.

This has been going on for a few weeks now where everytime the house phone rings it knocks the internet off for about 5 minutes. I don't know what the problem is but its our fault for getting eircom broadband! Useless shower of idiots... I'm convinced most of the donkeys I play against must work in retard companies like Eircom and Vodafone. Intelligence not a neccessity...

Anyway, as soon as I got connection back I picked up aces. I managed to get the lad all in, and he showed QQ. Hits a queen on the flop and I rebuy. Get nothing till the break, and don't bother with the top-up as I have the feeling thats not the last beat I'm going to get. A few hands later I get AJ, and raise it up. I get 4 callers, and the flop comes J8J. I go all in and get 3 callers!

Im up against JQ, 88, and KK.... turn Q... river K... haha they ALL beat me! I don't lose the head, and simply turn my attention to the STT. I instantly get QQ and call an all. He has 67d and runner runners a flush. I reach down and turn the PC off... And amazingly I don't lose the head. This is a typical situation where normally I would lose it and go on major tilt, but a few deep breaths and I put it out of my head. I think I can get through these disgusting runs if I just force them out of my head.

Looks like this experiment could be working! Thats as bad it can get playing only 2 tables, and I managed to stay calm.... just. One I get through this patch of Mickey Mouse poker, I can continue making money hopefully.

I'm more annoyed about my poxy internet connection. It is doing my head in the last week. I don't know what is doing it but every time the phone rings it cuts the connection... so annoying. Its knocked me out of a lot of games this week. I don't know enough about internet connection to know what the problem is, but there's no point ringing Eircom...

Off to the gym now, don't think I'll play any more PPP later on. An hour of horrible beats and donkey play has got me a little annoyed, and it might push me over the edge if I play again later! I played 4 STT's and an MTT and didn't cash in any of them. Just one of those days by the looks of it.

Comments:
Unlucky Rory, just try not to lose the head! If you can manage a week or two of this wit a few bad days thrown in you should be able to hack playin regularly. Just don't play more then 2 tables!
 
Rory, well done on the return to online poker - I'm in a slump online and down about €300 over the past three months, very frustrating but that's how it goes, online starts to go bad and offline suddenly goes well!
With regards your connection problems, sounds like you need DSL filters for your phone lines - these are small beige devices that plug into the phone line outlets used by the computers and phones in the house. You probably got a few filters in the box the modem was delivered in...
 
Cheers lads, apologies if I offended anyone with the whole 'retard' line, I should probably limit that to the call centre parts of these companies. Any dealings I have had with these people have gone terribly...

RE the connection problems, as I said I am clueless when it comes to problems of this nature! We have had broadband for a while now and the problem has only cropped up in recent weeks.

We installed some new software and firewalls, could this be the problem? I'll mention the whole filters think to my sis, she knows a bit more about it than me! Cheers again lads

gl
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!