Hit Counter

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Finally...

At last I get a decent cash in an online MTT. Finished 2nd in the $10 freezeout, but I'm very annoyed I din't win it. I was in the top 5 for the whole tournament, and was playing pretty well. I'm obviously happy with getting second, as its another $242 into the account, but I'm annoyed at losing when we were heads up.

He had been getting VERY lucky at the final table, and was knocking out a lot of the big stacks on badly played hands getting lucky. I wasn't complaining as I was sitting back watching him thin out the numbers! We got down to three, and I slowplayed the other lad when I hit my set on a K high flop. He pushed with AK, and no miracle for him, down to heads up.

I was way behind in chips, I think I had 40K and he had just over 200K. The thing about this lad was he couldn't be bluffed! He would call any bet on the flop, and would call 2-5xBB bets on the turn/river, if he had any of it. He would min-raise anytime he had a monster, and would fold to any min-raise I made.

I literally just kept value betting when I hit, and soon built up to close to even. However, this lad was still hitting everything, and I couldn't scare him off a hand if he had any of it. He would call down to the river with bottom pair! All I could do was play the cards I was given, and hope to hit the flop, and value bet all the way. This worked until I hit TPTK, and he hit a set. I lost big on that hand, although I should have folded the river when he min raised my value bet. It was SOOO obvious he had the set, but I just couldn't drop it.

I was out soon after, when my 66 didn't hold up to his AQ, all-in preflop. I'm annoyed for not beating him, but still happy enough about getting a few quid. Up to $600 for the week, easily the best week I've had online. Not moneywise, I've had bigger wins than this, more that I lasted this long and stayed calm, and more importantly TILT free! Hopefully I can keep this up next week... oh and there's still the matter of a little Irish Open satellite tonight... fingers crossed!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!