Hit Counter

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Prague, BSOP and the Sweden game.

Prague... what a weekend! Too much happened to go on about, but I would recommend the city to anyone. I'll throw up a few photo's when I get the chance. Only bad point is my phone is now down a 20 foot drain somewhere in Prague... long story...

As for the BSOP first monthly game, I was looking forward to having a live game with the lads off boards. I think we started with 18, three tables of six. I had Ken, ocallagh, Muso, 'Norwich Fan Rob' and Iago on my table. Ken was gone pretty soon, after his aces were cracked by Iago's trip eights. I had to stay out of the lads way, as every pot was being raised, usually with MUCK! I didn't see much until I picked up KK a few hands in. The flop came A8A, so I threw in a feeler bet of about 300. Rob called, and Iago min raised. I figured one of them for the Ace, and duly folded. An ace on the river nearly had me cursing my fold, until Rob showed the quads!

I saw nothing else until I picked up queens and raised it up. The flop came down with an ace, and I raised it up to isolate. Only Muso called and I was a little worried. I was down to less than 1K from the starting stack and was almost pot committed. A 9 hit on the river, and Muso reached deep. I could tell I was behind and actually though he had A9. He told me he rivered a straight. GRRR! Ah well, I let him hit!

I was down to the felt now and was forced to push my remaining 600 on Kd 10d. Rob called with pocket fives. An easy call against the shortstack. The flop came down K 10 x. AGGHHHH! I didn't want to be a moany cunt and say "here comes the 5" but on a flop like that, the way things have been running lately..... I'd have been shocked if a 5 didn't come out. But less bitching, a 5 hits on the turn and I'm out. I dealt on for the lads until they broke for the final table (after I cruelly dealt a bad beat for ocallagh... sorry! I'm jinxed!)

Could have been a good game but I just never got going. Had a good night anyway, as I got to study the lads play a bit while I was there. Its a lot easier to watch when you aren't playing. I think I'm getting better at putting people on hands, and I correctly guessed Rob's 10 10, Muso's A A, and Iago's flush draw with a pair. Although these are still only guesses, I think I am getting them right more than wrong lately. You do have to concentrate on the hand a LOT to have a decent guess though. If only I could use this more in hands that I'm in! It seems I can have a good guess at what players have in hands I'm not involved in, but when I'm in the hand I find that sometimes other factors can cloud my view.

Anyway, enough about poker, IRELAND 3 - 0 ! ! ! What a game, the best I've been at in a while. I love the Irish team with a passion, and was so disappointed we never made the World Cup, but they played like a real team tonight, and deserved the win. I bumped into IonaPaul off boards outside Landsdowne road, hope you enjoyed the match! Bring on Euro 2008!

Comments:
WOW I really hit some great hands there, I should have played on that table instead. Although it probably explains why I went out so early, seen as I was actually on the second table!
 
ah I was tired writing it... leave me alone!
 
cheers rob,
don't mind me, I'm just a moany biatch when it comes to online!

I've played PPP, Pokerstars, Betfair, All-In, and Vegasbaby Poker. Don't think the problem is the site!

I just can't seem to repeat my live success online. I keep leaving playing online, but what keeps drawing me back is hearing how much money everyone is making on it.... you included!

Yeh, I know NTL, just got mixed up when I was writing it... i was tired :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!