Hit Counter

Friday, April 14, 2006

Mike Caro in Trinity


I've been looking forward to this all week, Mike Caro - the 'mad genius' of poker- goving a seminar in Trinity College. Raced into it after work, but due to horrible traffic on the way in, didn't make it until 6pm. The talk started around 5:30 but I dont think I missed much.

He gave a very good presentation, including a slide show, and answered some questions at the end. I took a lot from what he said, although I think his example's were above a lot of the audience!.... "say you have $4,500.... say on any given night your down $20,000.... who did he think he was talking to! Most of the audience were students mate! Knock a few zero's off the end of those figures if you want them to be able to relate!

I bought both of his books at the end, and managed to get him to sign both. I got a laugh out of him, telling him I'd have them up on e-bay by that night! I look forward to reading them, and putting some of his tips to practise.

Comments:
nice blog, I was at the Mike Caro thing too. Thoroughly enjoyed it
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!