Hit Counter

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

WSOP feeder...

First update in a week, mainly due to the fact that I havent had anything to write about... Although some people find my bitching about bad beats funny, I think for the most part its just comes across as being a moany ---- :) So... enough of that for a while then!

I think my earlier post on poker being 'rigged' caused a bit of a stir on boards, or at least added to it. Its interesting that so many players, even good players are still a little concerned about how honest online poker really is. Most people that are playing long enough (me included), don't think that the companies themselves are actively cheating its customers, as they have to move to lose by damaging their reputation.

(However, I do think online is totally different to live. Whether it is the RnG, worse standard of players, more hands, whatever... something is stopping me from making any sort of a consistent profit online, which is why I lose the head so often!)

Although most players don't think online companies are cheating them, it would be silly to think that they cant do it. Also, it would be naive to think there is no cheating online, either player to player collusion, or the new type of cheating, playing with 'bots'. Nicky on boards posted a link to a thread from 2+2 about bots playing at the €20 and €30 STT's. Apparently these were easy to spot, and many posters started to make a list of the 'bots' they had spotted. Party's response was pathetic IMO. The boards thread is here and the 2+2 is here.

Anyway, enough of the conspiracy theories! It would be nice to have a report of a game or two, but other than the WSOP on Sunday theres nothing to report. I got 57th in this out of 300 or so players. $10 freezeout with a winner takes all ticket to the WSOP worth $12,500. Great value ($9500 overlay), but not worth sitting back for. Play to win, or don't bother at all! I had a great start, doubling up a few hands in, and soon worked up to over 8K at the break. Unfortunately I went card dead after the break and couldnt mount any chance to get anywhere.

Amazingly, the lad I was bitching about a while back, 'Deasun', was chip leader for most of it. I never usually publicly badmouth another player, but this lad epitomises everything I hate about online poker players. He's absolutely rubbish, and I mean I don't think he even fully understands the hand rankings yet... He is incredibly lucky, consistently. EVERY time I have played him he has sucked out big time over and over again. Now I wouldn't begrudge a bad player just for being lucky, but this guys attitude is what gets me...

Any time he sucks out on people, he insists on telling people where they went wrong, and he constantly quotes random odds as if he knows what he is talking about... He is convinced that a pair of sevens is 50/50 vs A5 preflop. He will call an all in with any ace, convinced that even if he is up againsty KK or QQ or AK he is '50/50'... He will push any flush/straight draw, no matter what, cannot drop AK post flop, etc, etc...

Now most of the time, this is what you want (well not me, but most online players). But when a player like this consistently sucks out on you with bad play, then preaches to you about where you went wrong, this can be annoying. Especially to a TILT monster like myself...

Anyway, while I was playing this, I was following the other boardies progress in the same tourney, on boards. Everybody that ran into Deasun just kept on getting sucked out! It was sick to watch and I was thankful I wasn't at his table...

Anyway, my tourney was pretty uneventful after the break until I got knocked out, and I left to pick up a friend. When I got back I was sick to find out 'Deasun' was chip leader with 5 left.... aghghh! If he wins this...

Now I don't want to seem spiteful, but he is just such an arrogant w**ker to play against, there is no way he deserved a ticket to the WSOP... All the same I didn't want to be an arsehole abusing him in the chatbox so me and my friend just watched the table.

Reading boards it appears he sucked out big-time on a lot of people to get that far, Thankfully, justice was served and he got knocked out in 3rd... The final two, 'AceAceAce' and 'BabyDod12' had a good heads up bout, before BabyDod12 took it down. €12500 for first, $0 for second. Now THATS a bubble!

Im not sure if a deal was done, but thats some hit to take. Especially as 'AceAceAce' had a 3:1 chip lead going into heads up. Unfortunately he ran pocket 88 into the bullets. ul, wp, etc

Thats pretty much the only game I've played this week, although I'm thinking of heading out to the regency tonight for the €100 freezout. Ive only played this once, and got third, so maybe its good luck. I might see if I can get in cheap again like last time. Ill see if the lads on boards will be up for an STT beforehand!

Hopefully I'll be posting tomorrow about a nice win...


Also, Ive created an excel sheet of my progress over the last six months. Overall Im up almost €5K live, although I'm still running at a loss online. No surprise there then!

Comments:
the reason u seem to have more badbeats is because you are buying in short to cash games and dont have the bankroll to handle a bad beat. to play any level you should have 20 buyins to be comfortable so for .50/1 it should be $2000 same goes fot stts. it can seem like a grindn playing $10 stts but grind it out and move up the levels and in time you will see a profit instead of sitting in with half a buyin to a cash game with scared money.
 
I know, but Im just not willing to drop 2K of my hard earned cash into online. Its never been good to me and I would be very annoyed if I lost a decent amount of money on it. Over the last year or so, I've only been losing $100 here and there. My thinking is, why put a lot of money into online, when I can put it into live where I think I have a much bigger edge than online.

Your right, I don't have the bankroll to handle bad beats, which is why I was trying to grind out a few grand at the lower limits to give me a BR big enough for the higher limits. But the standard is too bad and I kept getting outdrawn and losing whatever pitiful bankroll I had.

Basically its decision time. I think I'm good enough to give $1/$2 and $2/$4 a shot, but I'll new a few grand to back it up. Either I stump up the cash and give it a go, or finish with online until I can afford to do this. There's no point in arsing about at these low limits with no bankroll, as all its doing is pissing me off, and I'm clearly not making any money...


gl
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!