Hit Counter

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Who needs poker!

So.......

An update at last! I havent posted anything in over a month, mainly because there is nothing to write about! I've only played poker live once this month...thats right ONCE. That was the Fitz game which i played after the All In poker meeting which was held. They paid me in so I couldn't say no could I?

The game went disastrous after a luckbox kept sucking out on everybody. Eventually I lost my starting stack to this goon, and realised I had absolutely no interest in rebuying, even though the rebuy was being paid for by All In! I just wasn't bothered sitting through such a low buy in tourney that was being dominated by such clowns...

That was the first game I had played since getting 3rd in the Regency a few weeks beforehand, and I havent played since. Basically, there was a little football tournament on which has taken up most of my time, and tbh and just havent been bothered wasting my evenings playing little €20 and €50 games.

Not to sound like these are too low for me, they aren't, but I'm saving for Thailand and cant afford to piss away money on poker at the moment. If I am going to play I would prefer it was for a buy-in of at least €100, as I think this would get me motivated.

As for online... I think Ive played about 20mins overall over the last month. Totally and utterly lost interest in it, and I cant see myself playing online over the next few months. I just dont see the point in sitting at home, stressing out over online ''''poker'''', trying to grind out a profit, when there is so much more to the summer.

Although the weather is still variable at best, Ive been taking advantage of the days when we do get sun. Barbeques, trips away... theres so much more to life than poker. Yet, when its got you in its grips, you feel like you are having the time of your life. You count the hours until work finishes and you can get home and get a game of some sort... Its not until you go cold turkey that you realise what you were missing...

I took advantage of this, and went to a car show in Birmingham last weekend. Here's a few pics... Who needs poker eh?









There were cars there too.... apparently

I havent even thought about cards, and to be honest, dont really miss the regular games. I think I'll leave off playing until I go to Thailand next month, and once I come back, think about getting a decent BR together for live poker. I think €2K would be enough to have a crack at the Fitz €100 game every week, and maybe finally venture into the world of cash games on a regular basis. Its a long way away, so Im not worried about it just yet.

Overall, Im actually enjoying not playing poker. I miss the extra income, but the summer is too good to waste, so until September it looks like there won't be much to write about! I'll keep the blog updated on any games I do play, and there promises to be a big post after Thailand!

gl

Comments:
Cars? What cars?
 
Rory you look very reluctant to put your hands around those girls hips!. You need to maximise investment!.
Gl with the holiday in Thailand and enjoy the rest of the summer.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Join DevilFish Poker!